If recent television footage of the City of London during the Jubilee celebrations has whet your appetite to explore London, then you are probably wondering where best to visit, especially if you want to keep your social media feeds buzzing.
There is so much to do in London that a long weekend won’t do the city justice but here are some must-see attractions:
1) Buckingham Palace – given that it’s the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year, no trip to London would be complete without a photograph of the Palace, especially if you time your visit for the changing of the guard.
2) Madame Tussaud’s – the perfect place for a selfie, you are guaranteed the opportunity to get a photograph with the realistic wax models of all of your favorite celebrities, including Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Robert Downey-Junior.
3) Kew Gardens – you will be hard pushed to find anywhere more Insta-worthy than Kew Gardens. Boasting the largest Victorian glasshouse in the world and with over 300 acres of flower displays and nature trails to explore, you may even capture that unique shot that everybody wants.
For the most impressive foodie shots for your social media feed, you could explore some of the instagrammable restaurants lists. The following five eateries have made a huge impression, both due to their incredible locations, their stunning decor and of course, tastebud-tingling and beautifully presented food.
1) 14 Hills – this restaurant is so chic it will take your breath away. Situated in the heart of the Square Mile, the place feels alive with its stunning foliage, perfect lighting and beautifully neutral decor. The menu is rather special too and it would be wrong to leave here without sampling a few of their cocktails.
2) Wagtail – set on a rooftop terrace in beach lounger style, this modern eatery serves the best of British cuisine which you can enjoy whilst taking in stunning views of the city’s famous landmarks.
3) Aqua Nueva – another restaurant set on a rooftop terrace, Aqua Nueva has an ultra-modern feel, and the tapas dishes and cocktails that they serve are authentically Spanish.
4) Mr White’s Steak, Pizza & Gin House – within walking distance of the West End’s theaters, this is the place to visit for beautifully cooked Italian cuisine, steaks and cocktails. Your photos will look particularly exotic when set against the backdrop of dangling foliage which adorns the balconies in the restaurant.
5) Sky Garden – this location is completely unique, with its towering glass windows allowing spectacular views across the city. There is a choice of restaurants within this must-see dining destination but whichever you choose, they will undoubtedly deliver on taste, quality, style and provide Instagram-worthy photos and videos.
Many experiences can be booked on the Visit London website] which also provides useful information on where to stay and how to get around the city.
1) Bus ride – a trip on an open-top bus is guaranteed to deliver some super shots for your social media feeds. You will get incredible views of the city, see some famous landmarks and learn plenty of interesting facts and fables from the guides. If a day trip doesn’t float your boat, what about a nighttime ghost tour?
2) Theater – London is famous for its spectacular West End which is a vibrant hub of color, culture and style. There is an incredible choice of plays, musicals, dance shows and operas always taking place at the multitude of theaters that call London’s West End home. You are sure to find something to suit your interests and budget.
3) Cruise on the Thames – with a choice of a fast and furious race down the river Thames to a leisurely cruise with an afternoon tea, you will get some spectacular photos for your feeds from a very different perspective when taken from aboard a boat.
Finally, no trip to London is complete without a bit of shopping.
1) Harrods – Dubbed the world’s most famous department store, it is the largest in Europe. Luxurious and opulent, this is the place to be pictured.
2) Covent Garden – Based in the West End, Covent Garden is home to high fashion boutiques, craft stalls and independent eateries. It is the perfect place to relax and capture footage of the street entertainers.